We can give you the smile you've always wanted
Dr. Vivek Looma
Explore Our Caring & Premium Pain Management Services
We have all accomplished agony. However, regardless of it being quite possibly the most well-known indications individuals look for clinical assistance for, it is additionally perhaps the most misjudged and inadequately treated.
We manage post operative patients undergoing various surgical procedures like joint replacement surgeries, spine deformity correction operations, trauma patients etc. These patients are usually managed with intravenous medications, and sometimes regional nerve blocks and epidural anesthesia.
Patients are diagnosed to have chronic pain when pain has been persisting for over 3-6 months. The chronic pain can be caused by several conditions, like cancer, disc prolapse, arthritis etc. Such patients are best managed by multimodal pain management techniques, involving use of medications, nerve blocks, physiotherapy, psychotherapy etc.
The term implies providing additional pain releiving medications to patients in addition to the already prescribed drugs. These medications are taken on 'as and when needed' basis rather than around the clock intake. As a result, it leads to much better pain control with the least possible drug dose.
Bone pain can result from fractures, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis etc. The bone pain treatment includes not only managing the primary condition but also prevention of further deterioration and worsening of symptoms.
Nerve pain usually results when there is pressure on a particular nerve from the adjacent structures. The conditions include trigeminal Neuralgia, lumbar radiculopathy (disc prapse/sciatica), post herpetic neuralgia etc. These patients are ideally treated by a combination of Neuropathic medications and nerve blocks or radiofrequency ablation of the involved nerve.
The phantom pain can be very painful and also very difficult to manage. The term is reserved for patients who feel pain in the amputated body parts. Such pain can last for several months, and even years. A judicious approach for such patients warrants the use of medications, nerve blocks, and devices like spinal cord stimulators and intrathecal pain pumps. Adjuncts like mirror therapy and behavior therapy have proven benefit.
Have Any Questions feel free to contact with our team
Book An Appointment
Valuable Feedback from our Patients
Dr vivek is a thorough professional. My aunt was having severe back ache for months he was so compassionate and humane in his approach she has been quite relieved after his treatment.
My mother was suffering from shoulder pain. But after visiting Dr vivek loomba, she is now recovering back to normal. Thanx to Doctor vivek loomba sir.
I was suffering from a sensation of acute discomfort in my neck. It come to halt only after a visit to Doctor vivek loomba. After medical analysis and proper treatment followed by vivek sir, I was able to overcome my pain. It got reduced to nearly 80% now. I am always thanks to Dr. Vivek Loomba
About Dr. Vivek Loomba
Dr. Vivek Loomba is a Pain Management Physician who has been in practice for 26 years. He is currently practicing at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre in Vasant Kunj, Delhi. Dr. Vivek manages patients with chronic pain and acute pain. He is a qualified professional working to help patients with persistent pain through spine surgeries, joint replacement operations, and cancer pain.
Dr. Vivek Loomba has gained experience as a pain management specialist with interventions including –
- Nerve Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Phantom Pain
- Breakthrough Pain
- Bone Pain
- Cervical problem
- Neurological problems
- Vertebroplasty treatment
- MBBS – Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University, 1995
- Diploma in Anesthesiology – Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, 2002
Dr. Vivek Loomba is a highly qualified doctor that applies the latest technologies in performing procedures on patients. He uses cannabis as a treatment for chronic pain. Based on research and studies cannabis is effective in the short-term improvement of chronic pain. He also contributes to research and studies. His research work has made a significant contribution to palliative care. This has been his keen interest in finding procedures for effective diagnosis by coordinating treatment and care for patients experiencing pain. Dr. Vivek has also trained fellow junior doctors and nurses with his pain management techniques for simpler and more complex diagnostic procedures.
Dr. Vivek Loomba has authored many national and international journals to date
- A Case Report of Cervical Myelopathy After Neck Manipulation in a Patient with Cervical Spondylosis and Radiculopathy: Cause and Effect or Natural Progression?
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of Fluoroscopically-Guided Sacroiliac Joint Injections: A Comparison of the Posteroanterior and Classical Oblique Techniques
- Retrospective Review of Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Lumbosacral Spine: Are We Overinvestigating?
- Eagle Syndrome: A Diagnostic Challenge with a Novel Solution
- Risks and Benefits of Ceasing or Continuing Anticoagulant Medication for Image-Guided Procedures for Spine Pain: A Systematic Review
- Diagnostic Value, Prognostic Value, and Safety of Provocation Discography
- A case report of cervical myelopathy after neck manipulation in a patient with cervical spondylosis and radiculopathy: Cause and effect or natural progression?
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Sphenopalatine Ganglion Using Cone Beam Computed Tomography for Intractable Cluster Headache
- Paraplegia After Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
- Anti-inflammatory effects of propofol during cardiopulmonary bypass: A pilot study
- Neuropathic pain in cancer patients: A brief review
Dr. Vivek Loomba works for the welfare of patients with different modularities. He is dedicated to providing treatments to relieve, reduce, or manage pain that helps patients in returning to everyday life activities. It helps patients to heal without undergoing painful surgeries or relying on medications. He also uses a combination of treatments and therapies for an effective treatment that includes medications, physiotherapy, radiofrequency and behavioral therapy. He is focused on improving patients’ well-being with diagnoses and intuitive management with a history of persistent pain for several months or years.
Dr. Vivek Loomba Blog
CANCER — BASIC CONCEPTS, by Dr. Vivek Loomba, MD What is cancer? In the human body, cells grow